Saturday, March 2, 2013

Monsters, confessions, and open suggestions (Bento #13)

     Something about the theme of monsters just tickles me. I love these napkins that are covered with these silly looking dudes.

     This bento is a disposable bento lunch. Nico was going on a field trip and wanted to take his lunch with him instead of having a generic cafeteria lunch bag. The rule was that it had to be disposable. Here's what I did!

     I took a strawberry container, washed it and peeled off all of the stickers. Ta dah! That's it. Seriously, that is all I did for the box.

     Here is the low down on what was INSIDE the box: PB & J homemade "uncrustable", penguin crackers, fruit & nut miniature granola bar, strawberry fruit roll-up, a mini box of Milk Duds and a small juice box. I also was seriously lacking in the veggie department. o_O

     Now for the confession, I absolutely can't stand to see all of this plastic baggies in one box. It bugs me to no end!  It's not earth-friendly and frankly the food is harder to access. However the strawberry container is full of open holes. Any suggestions for another totally disposable way to send a bento?

3 comments:

  1. I keep trying to come up with something else, but I also keep getting stuck :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I have found another way! You know the plastic ishes you get when you order a fast food salad? Usually they have a bottom and a lid that fits tight. I'm gonna try one of those next field trip.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, thats not a bad idea. i didn't think about them because i don't usually eat fast food unless its $1 menu lol

      Delete