Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Beginners bento

     I started officially making bento lunches awhile back. Some friends ask why and how I make them.
I do it because I like making something that I know my family will enjoy. You know that feeling you get when you see your family sit down to enjoy dinner that you made? The looks on their faces when they see that it looks yummy? Well that's what I want to happen when the kids open their bentos at school. Besides, who doesn't enjoy food that actually LOOKS appetizing and fun?

I actually enjoy making their lunches. It isn't a task that I dread. I usually do it after dinner when things are settling down for the evening. I use leftovers from dinner sometimes or I make a trusty PB&J. I basically work with what I've got in the pantry too. It takes 10-15 minutes for me to prep and make bentos for everyone.

In this blog I plan to share my ideas and random thoughts. Welcome, now lets bento!

No comments:

Post a Comment